Welcome to Plano Middle School, the Home of the Tigers! We are excited about the start of the 2020 – 21 school year and look forward to partnering with you to make this a successful year whether it be in-person, remote, or everything in between!
This week you received communication from our District office regarding what group your student had been placed in. In addition, you are now able to log in to PowerSchool and see your student’s schedule. I wanted to follow up with some more specific information related to Plano MS to hopefully help you get a clearer picture of what your student’s day to day schedule will look like.
To do that you must be clear on a few things first.
1. What group is your student assigned to
2. What team are they on.
In PowerSchool you can check your students Group assignment (A, B, E, or F)
- A = In Person Tuesday/ Thursday Remote Enrichment class Wednesday / Friday
- B = In Person Tuesday/ Thursday Remote Enrichment class Wednesday / Friday
- E = Fully Remote Tuesday / Thursday log in between 1 – 3 pm for Academic instruction. Log in Wednesday/ Friday am for enrichment class instruction.
- F = Fully Remote Wednesday/ Friday log in between 1 – 3 pm for Academic instruction. Log in Tuesday / Thursday am for enrichment class instruction.
What Team is your student on: (7th Purple, 7th Black, 8th Purple, or 8th Black)
- To learn this log in to PowerSchool check your students schedule and make note of who their advisory teacher is.
- Reference the below chart to determine what team they are on.
Please see the attached Group schedule to help you understand what each day of the week will look like based on your students Group and Team. Students will utilize Zoom to attend class during their designated remote time periods. Zoom links will be made available in a student’s Schoology account.