FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (FOIA) REQUESTS:
Citizens may requests information and materials from public bodies, including Plano School District No. 88, under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Requests for information or public records may be made in the following manner: mail, personal delivery, fax, E-mail, or other means available. FOIA requests must be submitted in writing; verbal FOIA requests will not be accepted.
Requests should be directed to one of the following FOIA Officers: Mr. Tony Baker, Superintendent, or Kathy Benoit, Administrative Assistant, at:
Plano Community Unit School District No. 88
800 S. Hale Street
Plano, IL 60545-2000
- A copying charge of $0.15 per page will be charged after the first fifty (50) black & white copied pages. This charge applies to copies on the following standard paper sizes: 8.5”x11”, 8.5”x14” & 11”x17”.
- Charges for copying records maintained in an electronic format will be calculated by the material costs involved in generating the copies (including, but not limited to: microfilm, microfiche, magnetic tape, diskette, or compact disc costs).
- The person making the FOIA request may include in their request a specific statement limiting the amount that they are willing to pay in fees. If they do not do so, the Plano School District will assume that they are willing to pay fees of up to a certain amount, currently $20. If the district estimates that the total fees for processing the request will exceed $20, it will notify the requestor in writing of the estimate and offer them an opportunity to narrow their request in order to reduce the fees.
- The Plano School District, at its discretion, may arrange to have records copied by an outside contractor if the district does not have the resources or equipment to copy such records. In this instance, the requestor will be liable for payment of these costs. These copies may include, but not be limited to, color copies of all sizes, blueprints, engineering drawings and maps.
- Payment for copies and/or administrative charges will be due at the time copies are released to the requestor. Plano School District reserves the right to refuse to make copies for requestors who have outstanding balances.